Recent confession by my Wife on a now deceased coworker.?

I wrote three years ago about an incident involving my Wife’s severe depression after the unexpected death of a coworker of mine who she was also friends with at her work place. A little background in that after his passing I found out that they texted daily and communicated daily on Facebook. That was all Unknown to me until his death. For months after his passing she went into a severe depression and had to be medicated. To this day she still makes trips to his grave. I suspected more than just what she described as a deep friendship like he was like a brother to her but she swore that there was nothing more than the texting and Facebook, and on occasions when he came to her workplace. ( The visits to her workplace would not be out of the ordinary because of both her and his jobs which were intertwined) They both worked 3rd shift while I worked days. He was a single bachelor FYI. Again because of my love for Her I thought it was possible that it was like a sibling relationship and I never thought he’d ever go behind my back, although I did hear that he had sex with another coworkers wife. Now three years later. We had a Game Day Party last week here at our house and during that time my Wife who rarely drinks had a couple strong Margaritas. During that time she blurted out about Making Out with this coworker at a party four years ago after again having to much to drink. My suspicions now lead me to believe that they were So Very intimately involved. Am I just to think so?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He's dead. It's over. You can either implode your marriage over this or you can feel like the victor in that you outlived him. Either way make up your mind so you don't drive this already mentally compromised woman even more into delusion.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Does sound like she had something going on with him...it all adds up

• g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You may think whatever you wish. Sounds like she was very attached to this person regardless. You need to resolve this with your wife and let it go.

• 2 months ago

It's over, he's dead. Move forward

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Honestly, obsessing over this unknown will only do you harm; the person is dead. Whatever happened or did not happen between your wife and him, your wife still feels his loss. It does not matter what you think. This is now simply a fact of life that you need to accept. Let it go.

Focus on your marriage and your wife. Build a stronger relationship.

Only harm can come to you and your marriage if you continue to obsess.

Best wishes.

• Helen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A drunken snog is not the same as being "intimately involved". For all you know it happened the once, all because they were drunk, and both regretted it immensely. Odd that she would blurt it out at a party, but don't underestimate the power of guilt.

Were you even together 4 years ago?

Understandably you feel betrayed, but you need to talk to her about it and get the full, sober version of events.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think it's more important for you to come to terms with this than wonder about what to think.

Is this the end of your marriage? Can you get past this?

He's dead. Does it really matter any longer? I DO know if she travels to his grave regularly SHE needs to speak to someone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.