Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 months ago

What age is too old to go clubbing and nightlife activities? ?

I am almost 26 years old and wondering if I am at a point where I need to stop having the fun? Is old age for fun 25?, 28? Or 30? 

you'll know you're too old when the guys at the clubs stop hitting on you. by then you'll just be some over-the-hill lush. time to trade in the night on the town for bingo night at your local church.

• Jerry

The only reason to go to a club is to get laid? The music and dancing aren't enjoyable in themselves? 1. I don't drink. 2. I like bingo, but don't understand why I have to choose clubbing OR bingo -- I do BOTH.

People of all ages go clubbing. Not sure what you're so worried about. Do what you enjoy doing while you can

I'm an old granny lady and put on my "Rodeo Queen" deer leather ensemble with my best cowgirl boots and a stetson -- picture Dale Evens or The Grand Ol' Opry of 1952 -- and hit a club or two. I like to drink (soft drinks now), flirt, dance, and just enjoy the club experience.

This isn't something I'd be likely to do often, but yeah, maybe once in 2 years I break out one of the outfits (Motorcycle Leathers with cap, Flapper ensemble) and hit one of the bigger clubs. If there were early evening soirees at a good club, I'd probably go more often, but you know how us old farts are about going to be early, getting up early.

My favorite type of club plays what I used to call "alternative" music and has plenty of cool lighting doing cool stuff, along with a dance floor and a friendly crowd. I don't mind spending on a special occasion, so price isn't that much of a consideration -- up to a point.

OK, enough about me. There does come a point where you look silly hitting on babes, where you make yourself ridiculous approaching the young dudes in the same you did when you were 20 or 25. Yes, go to the club, but act your age, dress your age. There will be a lot of "looking for romance" all around you, but there comes a time to think of yourself as an observer rather than a participant.

Of course there are young men who are drawn to older women (you'd be surprised, and no not gold diggers) and young women who are drawn to older men. If someone is chatting you up, be open to new ideas.

• Helen

You're too old when you stop enjoying it.

For me, that was 24/25 or thereabouts.

If you still enjoy it, well then you're not too old!

Pfft. Never too old to have fun. If you still enjoy going to clubs then go for it.

I'm in my late 30s and party it up when I can. I'm not dead and life is too short to be serious all the time.

• drip

Usually you slide into a different kind of fun. Going out to the bars starts to get old.

My friend’s mother is 90 and she still likes going out to jazz clubs with her boyfriend.

Depends on your life style and where life leads you. You get married and have a couple of kids, your weekends change.