Is it sexist to assume that a 14 year old girl is less of a child than a 14 year old boy?

If a boy is more of a child then is an act of pedophilia on him more severe?

So what if girls mature a bit earlier? I think it is sexist to assume this.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

These crimes are prosecuted identically so I'm not sure what your point is. A pedo doesn't get more or less time because of the underaged victim's gender (and plenty of them go after both genders equally).

• 2 months ago

Girls might mature physically earlier than guys at fourteen (usually), but emotionally? NO. both are still immature in thinking and behaviors. And not very worldly. Naive.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely, although it's also true that girls mature emotionally earlier than boys. Doesn't make it okay for anyone to be sexually assaulted of course.

• 2 months ago

The law makes no such distinction. We know now that the parts of the brain responsible for rational decisions are not fully developed until the early 20s. That's why we let teens off lightly for shoplifting, and it can be expunged from their record at 18. We know they are prone to impulsive decisions. The same thing is true for sex. They can't make rational decisions, so the law holds responsible the adults who exploit that characteristic of adolescents in order to have sex with them- male or female.

• SaskiasBeta2 months agoReport

Im afraid that in my country it makes such distinctions :(

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Realistically 14yo girls will have different levels of different skills than boys. Girls will usually (though certainly not always) be better at some things, boys will usually be better at others. Right now, many of the skills girls typically excel in (social activities, reading/writing, communication) we connect with maturity, but since we don't live on the plains of Africa any more, we don't think of most of the skills that boys excel at as being all that important.

It is *STUPID* to assume that individual member of one gender will excel over an individual of another gender since there is so much variation within each gender. The overlap makes such generalizations dangerous in day-to-day planning!

• 2 months ago

Just because girls mature earlier (physically) it doesn't mean they are emotionally prepared for adult behavior, and don't act stupid. You already know this. Any thirteen year-old is still a child. And a minor.

• 2 months ago

In the case of sexual abuse of minors, I actually see the stereotype as just the opposite. There is a belief among many that when a woman seduces a 14 y/o boy, that it's somehow less an act of abuse than if a man seduces a 14 y/o girl. As though an adolescent boy can't be victimized.

• 2 months ago

Yes ....sexism emanates from the belief that gender stereotypes are the basis for dispensing social justice to human beings based on gender .....the villains are....feminists and patriarchs ....they have done their best in collusion with some ruthless and inhumanist politicians.

Take a look at Nirbhaya case in India and the 6 yr old boy in USA ....we should be ashamed that we are human beings who claim dignity and some sort of respectability !!!

Source(s): MISOA...one humanist for a hundred thousand anti humanists is enough ....cheers!!!
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it might be sexist

• MISOA2 months agoReport

is that you Pearl ...i hope you are recovering and hail and hearty ....hey have bone marrow soup good for fractures .....like your avatar lassie ....:)

• 2 months ago

It really does not matter no more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.