Is there only Power in the name of Jesus not the Father Son and Holy Spirit?

If in Mathew 28 19 Jesus instructs to baptize in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit, then why do the apostles only baptize in the name of Jesus? There isnt one verse in Acts were any of the apostles baptize in the name of the father, son and the holy spirit.Why? Im curious to know because now we have a split body of trinitarium and modalism and all this creates is division.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

NONE of the Apostles carried out this fictitious ‘command’ of the LORD, Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19. Why? Because Jesus NEVER said that.

“The Baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the 2nd century (The Catholic Encyclopedia, 2, pg 263)"

In fact, Matthew 28:19 never even mentioned baptism in its original text. It read, “Go ye, and make disciples of all nations in My name.”

WOE to the Roman Catholic abomination! "WHORE" (Revelation 17:5)!

“The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, " Papa," Part. 2, translated.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate [to abolish, do away with, or annul] laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

The Word of God is NOT to be added to or subtracted from! (Deut 4:2, 12:32; Prov 30:6; Rev 22:18-19)!

The disciples and JESUS are made to be "LIARS" with the "ADDITION" of Matthew 28:19.

I John 2:4 says "He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, IS A LIAR, and the truth is not in him." Consequently the disciples DID NOT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENT and IS A LIAR according to I John 2:4 because NONE OF THEM ***EVER*** baptized "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost" as allegedly commanded by JESUS in Matthew 28:19!

Matthew 28:19 ALSO makes JESUS A LIAR when HE SAID "...but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost" in Acts 1:5 and "spoke from heaven with Paul and told him" (Galatians 1:12) "one baptism" in Ephesians 4:5 and Jesus told us in Acts 1:5 Holy Spirit baptism is that "one."

Constantine and the bishops agreed to make changes in our current 'Bible' to eliminate the "POWER" Jesus promised that would "come upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) and agreed to "ADD" the LIES of Matthew 28:19 along with other Scriptures for mankind to believe in a powerless water baptism in order for them to CONTROL THE MASSES.

The roman catholic church CONSTRUCTIVELY changed our current 'Bible' to have people believe in a water baptism that doesn't QUICKEN them back to life by the "POWER that comes upon us" with Holy Spirit baptism leaving ALL MANKIND

"DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12; I Corinthians 15:21-22) who have NOT been "QUICKENED back to life" (Ephesians 2:1) believing they're "SAVED" by some powerless water.

"FICITITIOUS Christians" is all the roman catholic church has CREATED and people have had the RCC's doctrine instilled in them for over 2000 years with 2.2 BILLION people skipping down the "wide road to destruction" (Matthew 7:13-14) believing "I'm SAVED!"

It's A MESS!

Thanks to the roman catholic church!

THE ANTICHRIST!

"WHORE" (Revelation 17:5)!

"...MOTHER OF ALL THESE ABOMINATIONS ON THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:5) who THINK they are TRUE Christians!

• norine2 months agoReport

to Galatians 1:6-9 they are "preaching another gospel and are ACCURSED!" It's a no win situation for water baptism believers, first they DEFY JESUS when HE SAID "Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5) which left them DEAD spirits and they've DEVIATED from the FOUNDATION and are "ACCURSED."

• 2 months ago

the only power Jesus has comes from his Father.............. any reference to the "trinity", in any bible comes from a deception inserted by the papists in the 4th century.... and many who split with the papists later , kept that false teaching

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It doesn’t create confusion unless one is trying to understand the Biblical narrative through legalistic eyes and “power over” eyes.

Jesus has the same “power” as either the Father or the Holy Spirit, it’s not a contest or power struggle, so it can be either/or.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • 2 months ago

The answer is 'no' because Jesus is meaningless.

God is infinite and eternal

and remains the sole creator of life and existence.

For Jesus to then show up 2,000 years ago

and tell everybody that he is the only way TO God

is the biggest raft of crap that has ever been dumped on Humanity.

Jesus has no power, except from those

who wait, and wait, and wait ... for him to come back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Jesus said "Anything you ask in my name will be done for you." If it according to Gods will.( See the book of James)

• 2 months ago

In Acts 8, Philip the evangelist baptized the Ethiopian based upon his "good confession". The 11 conversions in Acts used language that suggests the same conversion as the one described in Acts 2. It serves no useful purpose to suggest a departure from Acts 2:38, 22:16 Mark 16:16, Rom. 6:1-5, Gal. 3:27-28, Col. 2:12, 1 Pet. 3:21. Cynical and contemptuous personal agendas force contradiction, absurdity, and impossibility.

• 2 months ago

1 John 5

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

• 2 months ago

The Bible says there is only one God in several places.

• David
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Hello They were being obedient. Notice name is single. Also Father is a title and not a name. So if I were to Baptize somebody I would quote Jesus from the great commission that passage in Matthew. Then I would say in obedience to that command I now Baptize you in Jesus's name.There is no trinity Jesus is said to be in Hebrews the express image of the Godhead bodily. There one person not three.Study the Godhead and understand oneness.Your right about religion they divide and concur. Christianity isn't an religion yet satan counterfeited that and created a false and apostate christian religion. Revelation ch 17 vs 5 mystery babylon (the catholic church)mother of harlots( every protestant denomination and organization)and abominations of the Earth(other political movements nazism and comunism as well as other religion Islam) So there it is. The counterfeit. Oh and by the way a super church arises out of that counterfeit and becomes the final form of government of the free world Church over state.The darkest age ever is almost upon you all. JESUS BLESS YOU

• 2 months ago

No, there is also... "By the power of Greyskull".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.