Is religion for the poor and uneducated?

Favorite Answer

Don't forget the gullible. That's the main prerequisite..!

• Bill G

Asking stupid questions on Yahoo Answers is apparrently for the uneducated.

Your question just confirmed that fact.

• Paul

Not likely, give the huge number of brilliant scientists and other highly intelligent people who are and have been Christian.

• A.J.

Although there is a statistical inverse correlation between religiosity and wealth as a higher percentage of poor people being religious and between religiosity and education level where less educated is more religious it is not only for the poor and undereducated as many people of high intelligence and high wealth are religious also. There are wealthy tele-evangelists flying in their private jets and Mark Zuckerberg went from Jewish to atheist to Buddhism. There are high variations in belief system when we say religious as oil shieks are often devout Muslims. There are those that accept both science and religion and those who keep their religious beliefs very personal. In the USA, the statistical correlation is clear but certain not a definition. Percent highly religious top 7 Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, West Virginia.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/29/h...

Nine lowest household income Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alabama, Kentucky(#13 religious), Louisiana, New Mexico(#18 religious), Tennessee, South Carolina

11 lowest education level Mississippi, West Virginia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, Nevada (#35 Religious), Oklahoma(#9 Religious), South Carolina, Tennessee, New Mexico

No! God loves His creation. His son Jesus (who was with Him at creation) shed His blood on the cross for yours and my sins, so that God and man could have a personal relationship together. (which I know is true) Jesus is coming back and removing His children that have excepted His salvation very soon. All hell is fixing to breakout on earth. The earth will shake. There will be 3 days of darkness. Many other signs. 3 is Gods calling card.

They are the primary victims of religion, yes.

• David

Not so as many powerful highly educated people are part of religions. Now Christianity isn't an religion yet satan counterfeited that and created a false and apostate christian religion. Religions all are that deed of the Nicolaitins which thing GOD HATES WHICH THING IS TO CONCUR AND CONTROL THEIR LAITY'S.Soon satans counterfeit religion will take over what is left of this world. You and everyone else alive will bow down to them and take their mark are you wont be able to buy or sell, By their laws you and everyone else refusing to play their game will be put to death by their laws. JESUS BLESS YOU

• its for all people dear.

• Justin

"I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." (Luke 5:32).

The most 'sinful' people in deepest need of religion are the spoiled brats who currently take the profound and inextricable influence of religion all around them for granted. Traditionally, it is the poor and uneducated in most need of GOD's wisdom and knowledge, who came to be this way through the generational consequences of sin. However, they are now second in wretchedness to the above who are in greater danger of not returning to GOD because of spiritual 'lukewarmness' and the superficial appearance of wealth and safety.

15‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 17‘Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent." (Revelation 3:15-19).

Christianity accepts anyone. Not sure about the others. I've seen Christian's with money and an education :)