Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Questions about Pharmacy as a career?

Hello! I am a grade eleven student in Canada, exploring different careers in hopes for some direction in my future. However, I have a few questions that would be nice to have answered in one go. Before I get into them, here is a little bit about me. I have grades of all nineties and go to a regular public high school. I am particularly interested in science, which I got a 95 in last year. I continue to get 90s and 100s in biology and chemistry, but I have only just started these classes. I love to participate in school clubs (environmental, rotary).

Here are my questions about going into pharmacy:

- Is there a good chance I would get a job as a pharmacist? Is there a decreasing or increasing need for them?

- What schools in Canada are the best for pharmacy/offer a pharmacy program?

- What is the educational path for becoming a pharmacist?

- What grades and classes should I take to get accepted into the program I will need to go into post-secondary?

Please provide any other information you think I need and don't be afraid to ask questions!!

No negative responses, please!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

In the United States you will need math and chemistry. Probably the same for Canada.

Usually you take a couple of years of pre-pharmacy, then you get accepted into pharmacy school

and that's 4 years.

It takes 6 years total in the United States.

Your college advisor will be able to tell you which classes you need to take.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i think you could be a pharmacist if youre getting those kinds of grades

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.