Social Etiquette question.....when having dinner friends.....does the cellphone go on the left or the right of the plate?

Update: Holy cow..........hot topic! This is the most answers I've gotten in over a year!
Update 2: Thanks to all who answered........wish I could you all best answer. ! YES, the question was tongue in cheek...........after sitting thru another dinner with friends, where no one spoke to each other, and everyone was fiddling with their phones and sharing videoes and swapping meme's....and texting each other,... show more Thanks to all who answered........wish I could you all best answer. !

YES, the question was tongue in cheek...........after sitting thru another dinner with friends, where no one spoke to each other, and everyone was fiddling with their phones and sharing videoes and swapping meme's....and texting each other, across the table. Honestly, I don't know why I bother anymore. I am the only one at the table without a phone.