Have you ever had someone in your life who lied so much you felt like you were losing your mind over the discrepancies in their stories?

Update: Heart of Gold, You are so lucky. When someone lies to me I try to figure out the lie and get way too involved because part of me feels helpless like I can't get away. I grew up in a household where lies were commonplace because my parents had so much to hide. I lied everyday for them. Basically, my whole... show more Heart of Gold, You are so lucky. When someone lies to me I try to figure out the lie and get way too involved because part of me feels helpless like I can't get away. I grew up in a household where lies were commonplace because my parents had so much to hide. I lied everyday for them. Basically, my whole childhood was a lie. I protected them from the outside world while I was being hurt. Nobody saved me. Now, I stay way too long in dysfunctional situations. I lose my mind in the meantime.
Update 2: Sparkles: What was the mental illness, if I may ask? Was it bipolar? Because I read that people with bipolar disorder may lie.