Should I remove notes and page markers from used textbooks?

I currently have four business-related college textbooks with numerous page markers and a plethora of notes -all created by the former owner. Would it be smart to keep all of those? Or should I remove them so I can have a clean copy for myself? I bought the textbooks from a mentor of mine as a joke during a... show more I currently have four business-related college textbooks with numerous page markers and a plethora of notes -all created by the former owner. Would it be smart to keep all of those? Or should I remove them so I can have a clean copy for myself?

I bought the textbooks from a mentor of mine as a joke during a financial literacy class, last year in high school as a Junior. Coincidentally, it turns out that the textbooks could be relevant to the college courses I will be taking next year.

I know that these books may not even be used by the courses, but for reference, what should I do?

Thanks.
1 answer 1