Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 2 months ago

can i call my boss a racial slur if he calls me a racial slur?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Sure, if you don't mind being fired. That's no way to talk to your employer.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's right - lower yourself to his level. The answer is no if you want to get a good recommendation when you start looking for another job. It's just plain stupid.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no...............................................................

• 2 months ago

If you want to get fired, you can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Bad idea. If you have the presence of mind to think about it, don't do it. First of all, you pretty much validate his use of the term, and seriously weaken any complaint you might make to personnel if you are discriminated against. If you don't like your boss's language, mention it at some neutral time, but don't escalate a conflict. If it seriously bothers you, line up another job, and leave.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You can but two wrongs don’t make a right. That wold make you a racist too. So I would not want to stoop to his level and if your the type of person who everyone knows is deeply offended by that kind of language then don’t make a hypocritical fool out of your self. However I am not expecting you to be nice about it. Definitely report him to someone higher up or HR/IA.

• 2 months ago

Yeah. But you could get fired

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.