How to help girlfriend with depression?

So my girlfriend suffers from clinical depression due to her being in an abusive household and then homeless for a while. She's 23 now and lives on her own. But people always ask her about her family and why she doesn't live with them. This triggers her because she sees all these people with... show more So my girlfriend suffers from clinical depression due to her being in an abusive household and then homeless for a while. She's 23 now and lives on her own. But people always ask her about her family and why she doesn't live with them. This triggers her because she sees all these people with "perfect" families. Her depression kicks in when this is brought up and she comes to me to talk about it but I don't know what to say. I always think logical but being logical to a depressed person makes everything worse for them. She starts hysterically crying and yelling at me and calling me useless when I say things like you're an adult it doesn't matter what others think. What can I say to her when she comes to me to talk about her family?
23 answers 23