Am I eligible for a restricted, hardship or conditional license?

I live in New York and got my license suspended/revoked for speeding. Just wondering if I’m eligible for one of these licenses. Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, Joe, you are not.  If fact you are not eligible for any type driving license until the suspension has been expunged.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No; you're not eligible for a restricted, a hardship, or a conditional license when your DL has been suspended/revoked. You're not eligible for ANY kind of license for as long as your license is suspended/revoked.

• 2 months ago

If you live in NYC, then not a chance under any circumstances. The excellent public transport, availability of taxis/Uber/Lyft, supply of on-street bicycle hire/electric scooters all mean that you have loads of alternatives to driving.

If you live in a remote part of the State of NY then you have to present a compelling case for what you ask, and the Court will likely have considered that already.

Even if granted, your hugely-increased car insurance premiums will reflect the almost unacceptable proven risk you present to insurance providers, so even if you won your expensive legal process you might not be able to afford your insurance.

I strongly suggest that for now you get a good folding bicycle and combine that with public transport. Buy a good used Brompton folder and you can later resell it for most of what you paid if you look after it.

• May
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

How would we know ?

You may be eligible to get a license to go to and from work but you will have to ask the New York DMV or the court system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Good question, but you're asking in the right place.

Hint: There are traffic court rooms in New York.

Other Hint: This ain't one of them.

• 2 months ago

Ask a judge and your insurance agent, even if the judge says yes, the insurance guy may say no.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Judge who ordered your license revoked would have addressed that.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

AAAAAaaaaaahhhhhh… NO!

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not unless you have a compelling reason to drive that falls within the law. You had your chance and you blew it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not you. You had your license. You screwed up. "It is the "Pits to be you" Now you WALK or take the bus. That is the penalty (or you could opt for getting you eyes poked out) so you are blind. Then they give you back your car license but you would not know that because you can't "SEE".(which is a necessary requirement to drive)

. You knew what the penalty could be for speeding AND YOU GOT IT.

You ain't eligible for NOTHING. You created your own hardship.

"MAN UP & OWN IT."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.