High school advice?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and I've been in high school for two months so far. Freshman year I didn't have any friends, which made me miserable, which is why this year I wanted to try and make friends. The only solid friend I was able to make this year is a guy named Keith. Keith used to pay... show more I'm a sophomore in high school, and I've been in high school for two months so far. Freshman year I didn't have any friends, which made me miserable, which is why this year I wanted to try and make friends. The only solid friend I was able to make this year is a guy named Keith. Keith used to pay attention to me a lot until he met my old middle school friends and I can only talk to him when he isn't with them. I want to talk to my middle school friends, but I feel like it'd be stupid to do that.

I've tried everything from sitting with people at lunch, to talking to classmates, to even a joining a club, and so far nothing has worked out. Although I've been at my school since 6th grade and I have a few acquaintances here and there, sadly everyone already has their own groups and no one is interested in talking with the kid sitting alone. I'm quiet when I don't know someone, if I have a friend I throw around a few jokes and I'm pretty chill. I don't know how to make friends when there are barely any new kids at my school, and when everyone already has their own groups. I just feel like I'm different from all the kids in my school. I don't know what to do...

Also, high school overwhelms me because the teachers give so much work, it's unbearable. Because of all the work they give me, I barely have time to do the things I want to do. I have to do homework every day. I can't ever have a break. I'm just so tired and stressed about everything, I don't know what to do. Advice?