Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How do I release a friend from a band?

I had a full band and everything was working, then it crumbled to bits. Now, I, a guitar player, and my friend, the bass player have been writing for a while together, however, it’s going nowhere. How do I release him from this project, without losing him as a friend?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ana
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

What do you mean “release him from the band”? If you release him, THEN THERE IS NO BAND, you silly goose. It would JUST BE YOU.

And you don’t even have the POWER to kick him off, since the band would be 50% his and 50% yours, by definition. That’s about as silly as the democrats saying “ok we are impeaching Trump since 50% of the country, aka us democrats, want him ousted.”

Instead, what you should do with your friend is just make it about yourself not thinking the band is a good idea and say that you, yourself are leaving it. For example “Hey look man, you’re a really good (singer; player; etc) and I love the band thing we’ve got going here but I gotta be honest man, I’ve got bills to pay and as you can see, we’re not really making any money or progress with the band. so I’ve gotta focus on work and stuff. I’m still down for us to hang as friends a lot, and I hope we do, but the band thing is just seeming like a waste of time IMO, as fun as it was.”

Source(s): TL;DR = don’t say some stupid unnecessary sh^t like saying you’re kicking him out of the band. You don’t even have the authority to say that, since it’s only you 2 to begin with, and it’ll just create unnecessary annoyance and drama. Instead just say you’re stepping away from it bcuz of financial reasons and needing the bills paid. You can also throw in something like “these fans don’t recognize our talent, bro. They should but they don’t”. Make it seem like you see him as still being your friend and part of your team. Just make the band itself seem like a waste of time. Don’t say you’re kicking him out. Why would that be necessary to phrase it in that way?
    • Dr. Stephanie
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

impeaching trump is a poor analogy, whether you are otherwise right or wrong...its the least we can do to curb this maniacle , disturbed and evil president.

• 2 weeks ago

I think your best direction might be to be honest, while being both gentle and firm about it.  Be kind. Don't blame or accuse, but share the realities of why you are wanting to do this, and stick to your guns. Make sure that your friend knows you still want him as a friend. Good wishes,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't make this more difficult than it is by calling it "releasing him from a band". You're 2 guys who started a project together and it isn't working.

This isn't that hard, because all you have to do is come up with a simple reason that involves you, not him. If you want to take a break to focus on other things, tell him this. Or you could say you have less free time right now, and you'd rather do your own thing for awhile.

• nanu
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

just do it...............................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

With difficulty. Have a chat with both guys and ask them how they see things and tell them how you see things with this group. Tell them you feel like it s going nowhere and you are thinking of dropping out of the project yourself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.