What is the NYT definition of a "small-time Democratic donor and activist"?How much would someone have to give to be a big democratic donor?

He gave tens of thousands to CA Democrats and $500k to Democratic groups, yet the paper said “Two men died in the home of Ed Buck, a small-time Democratic donor and political activist" What is objective standard that the NYT uses to call someone a "small-time donor"? To me that would be like... show more He gave tens of thousands to CA Democrats and $500k to Democratic groups, yet the paper said

“Two men died in the home of Ed Buck, a small-time Democratic donor and political activist"

What is objective standard that the NYT uses to call someone a "small-time donor"? To me that would be like someone giving a few thousand every 4 years or something like that.

Is there a different standard for Democratic donors and Republicans?