Investing in stocks and shares?

Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any advice regarding putting money in stocks and shares, and whether you think it would suit me. I would plan to put in say 50/100 pound a month or so. I do want to see a difference over time but am put off and think that if I invest somewhere, the shares will just fall,... show more Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any advice regarding putting money in stocks and shares, and whether you think it would suit me. I would plan to put in say 50/100 pound a month or so. I do want to see a difference over time but am put off and think that if I invest somewhere, the shares will just fall, I'm quite pessimistic so please bear with me. I'm not expecting to make tonnes of money, just as a little project. Would you say it is better to have an isa with a bank, or to invest on ones own behalf? I notice with banks, there seems to be many many fees, I just keep thinking if shares fall, and I have to pay fees, where am I making money at all? As you can tell I don't know all the facts, but just wondering if anyone can offer any advice for newbies to shares. With banks isa shares, do they chose where your money goes? Thanks in advance.
6 answers 6