Why are there lots of Americans in Thailand?

In Indonesia and Vietnam, there were very few American tourists. Most of the white people you could see in Vietnam and Indonesia were Europeans and Australians. But in Thailands, there were too many Americans. I think there were more white Americans than Europeans there and even many of those East Asians (Korean... show more In Indonesia and Vietnam, there were very few American tourists. Most of the white people you could see in Vietnam and Indonesia were Europeans and Australians.

But in Thailands, there were too many Americans. I think there were more white Americans than Europeans there and even many of those East Asians (Korean and Chinese descent) at the Bangkok airports had American passports. Why is Thailand very popular among Americans and what makes Vietnam and Indonesia very unpopular? And why do many Europeans and Australians go to Vietnam and Indonesia?