Buffet/ meal ideas, special dietary requirement included... cooking for my family next week (please help!!!!)?

So my grandparents are coming up from Wiltshire next week and after a couple of glasses of wine I offered to entertain at mine and do food. I like entertaining but always over think:

My house if reasonably sized but I don’t think a sit down meal is an option, so think buffet style is the best option but don’t want to leave people hungry, I don’t want anything fancy, just simple budget friendly and tasty.

There will probably be about 10-16 of us with an age range of 1 month-70 years.

Oh and just to make things awkward my mum and 4 year old sister can’t eat dairy or soya and my aunt is vegetarian!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pasta salads, Fruit kebabs, veg batons & dip, Cheese straws + Sausage Rolls [ for those that can have them ], Potato salad, Egg mayo finger sandwiches, Pate & toast.

• 2 months ago

go Italian....make some ziti, sausage and peppers, pasta salad, meatballs and regular salad.--if you can afford it throw in some fried eggplant.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oh good night! I can relate as my parents eat basically vegetarian, my brother's family eats paleo (tons of meat) and my nephew has celiac and lactose intolerance. I want to CRY when I have to feed these people in a group.

I've found that buffet style or "put it together yourself" meals work the best. How about a taco bar or baked potato bar or soup & salad bar or assemble your own pizza?

For example: Taco bar = Corn & flour tortillas, fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, refried beans, jack cheese, cotija cheese, meat (beef, chicken or pork)...everyone can put theirs together how they like.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

M&S food will solve all your problems. Plenty of snacks there. I've just come back from my local.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Go to Wal*Mart and buy a number of the Aluminum Meatloaf pans.

Prepare all the ingredients for lasagnas but do not combine. I suggest buying soft noodles that do not have to be pre-cooked.

Allow each guest to design their own lasagna, adding meat, mushrooms, onions or whatever they want to their meal.

Each pan can be marked using pliers to make small bends in the edge.

I do this every holiday and my guests love it

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Wiltshire is in England., that's sounds way too complicated for grandparents.

• 2 months ago

So a buffet is ideal. Make a selection of sandwiches, sausage rolls, finger foods. Add quiche, chips, vegetables. Wraps, crisps, cake, fruit etc.

Sounds pretty easy to me.

• Aimee_Q52 months agoReport

It is pretty easy I just over think 🤣🤣

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.