I really want to become a Police officer?

I really want to become a Police officer. I have wanted to become a Police officer since I was 6 years old; I am currently 23. I have been trying VERY HARD to get into Law Enforcement for the past 4 years.... However, I haven t had any luck in getting hired by a department ! When I apply to departments it takes... show more I really want to become a Police officer. I have wanted to become a Police officer since I was 6 years old; I am currently 23. I have been trying VERY HARD to get into Law Enforcement for the past 4 years.... However, I haven t had any luck in getting hired by a department ! When I apply to departments it takes months and months and months before I even hear from them; Most times I don t hear from the department I apply to AT ALL. This has made me very stressed and infuriated ! Everyday that I see the Police past by my house I get this hopeless, terrible, infuriated feeling in my soul........... This is how much I really want to become one; I envy Police officers/Patrol Deputies !!!!

Most Police officers I ve talked to have said that they love their Career.... They always say that it is a great feeling being in Law Enforcement, and a great Lifestyle.... Well, I WANT that feeling that they speak of; I want to be apart of The Law Enforcement Profession "Thin Blue Line"; I WANT this; I m not sure if me being a young black guy is the reason I m having a hard time getting hired or not........ Idk, just a thought though
Edit