Popularity in Theater Program?

I want to know if anyone has had a similar experiences or if this seems to be a bunch of balogna I'm creating in my mind. Alright so I'm in my Junior year of high school and am working on my third drama show through the years. The first two were the annual musical in which I was ensemble, and I love... show more I want to know if anyone has had a similar experiences or if this seems to be a bunch of balogna I'm creating in my mind. Alright so I'm in my Junior year of high school and am working on my third drama show through the years. The first two were the annual musical in which I was ensemble, and I love performing in them. This year i was finally cast in my first high school play: Alice in Wonderland, and I got the part of Cheshire Cat who has a much larger part than in the movie and is considered a major role. This is really exciting for me, but I noticed some people are talking to me more and more people are wanting to hang around me more. Is this because I got a lead role? The people with lead's in previous shows become very popular by their Senior years. These people are all real friends (none fake which is a plus) but their interactions with me boosted once rehearsals started.
2 answers 2