Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

If I was so large that the distance of my foot was 1 light year across, if I started walking, would I be faster than the speed of light?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No. Your foot is not a totally rigid body. When your leg muscle pushes the heal if your foot, a compression wave would move thru your foot at the speed of sound. Your toes would nor move for many years.

Same thing happens if you push or pull pnr end of a stick a light year long. The other end does not move for many years.

• 2 months ago

Think how massive your foot would be if it were that large (your foot would extend far beyond the solar system). Think how much force it would require to actually take a step, you would not be able to move rapidly enough to exceed the speed of light. The answer is no, and special relativity remains valid.

• oubaas
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pls stop writing nonsense !!!!

• 2 months ago

If you were this large, yet still asking questions that violate the rules of physics, you would be an extremely big DH.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. Your mass becomes infinite at the speed of light IN A VACUUM. Stop trying to rewrite the laws of physics.

• 2 months ago

You would die because you don't have oxygen

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.