Can autism be passed through genes/offspring?

I do have High Functioning Autism, and according to a video I watched and something I read, it said genetics do have something to do with the causes of autism. I always thought a father with autism is more likely to have a son with autism than a father WITHOUT autism (nerotypical). I was thinking about getting... show more I do have High Functioning Autism, and according to a video I watched and something I read, it said genetics do have something to do with the causes of autism.

I always thought a father with autism is more likely to have a son with autism than a father WITHOUT autism (nerotypical).

I was thinking about getting vasectomized because I didn't wanna pass my autism on to any off spring I had.

However, a few people told me an autistic father is no more likely to have a kid with autism than a father WITHOUT autism.

So can autism be passed through off spring?