How to write a cover letter if I don't have much experience or any work related skills?

I've never had a job, in school I've never done much except the usual compulsory school stuff, I've discontinued many of my extracurricular activities just because of my bad time management, and I've only so far done one volunteering (even so in 6 months I've only volunteered 2x a... show more I've never had a job, in school I've never done much except the usual compulsory school stuff, I've discontinued many of my extracurricular activities just because of my bad time management, and I've only so far done one volunteering (even so in 6 months I've only volunteered 2x a month)

I'm more of an artist kind of person. I love writing, drawing and all the fictional side of things than facing reality, this leading to bad time management and "laziness" as many call it. I only do my homework at the time I feel like it, although I'm quite efficient. I'm a perfectionist so it takes a long time to get things done as well :(

I'm applying for some causal/part time retail jobs and I'm not sure what to write that would express myself in more positive manner. I'm not an "outside" person, I'm very introverted, prefers solving a problem by myself and more of a hands on person than discussing or arguing with others. Also, the only time I've ever presented any leadership skills were when group working in school with lazy, clueless people. Even then, I myself was not doing very inspiring...

Thanks for any help!
Update: I'm studying a design course atm, but pretty sure that's unrelated to retail