Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

At what age are men supposed to start getting pains or aches or feel the affects of age?

I am 49 and I dont feel any pains or aches or anything. I have to admit I don't even live a particularly healthy life style in terms of diet and lack of exercise.

I eat both healthy and unhealthy foods and I don't exercise either. I wouldn't say that I am fat but I am a bit chubby so to speak.

But I don't feel any physical problems. The only thing I notice is that I am not as fast as I was 10 or 20 years ago, but that is to be expected. I also felt a while back that my knees feel a funny compared to what they used to feel like.

But I don't have any pains at all, not even slight pains. So I wanted to know, on average, at what age do people like me who don't exercise and who eat all kinds of foods start to get aches and pains?

You can thank your genetics for that. Some are less lucky even a decade earlier, with arthritis kicking in, or other aches or pains.

• Tavy

My husband was fit as a fiddle until he was 70 then got a bit stiff in the joints. Age is just a number not a condition.

• lala

My husband is 77 and never had any pain

My bro is 75 and never had any pain

Who told you that you are suppose to have pain at a certain age ?

Age 30 onwards it is when we start to crumble. age 50 is when arthertis and what not occur

• patty

depends how healthy a life you have led. if unhealthy then u my start to get problems in 50's or 60's.

Around 50 .

Don't put much trust in that, the idea is to perform before something bad happens. Strokes are common around that age, once you get it once, you'll be prone to it.