What’s the best laptop I can buy for a little over $1,000?

I recently got $1,000 for my college refund and I was thinking of getting a laptop. But it’s a lot harder to pick one out than I thought. The only must haves for this laptop is it needs to have a lot of space and ram so I can run multiple art programs like photoshop and illustrator, as well as games like the sims.... show more I recently got $1,000 for my college refund and I was thinking of getting a laptop. But it’s a lot harder to pick one out than I thought. The only must haves for this laptop is it needs to have a lot of space and ram so I can run multiple art programs like photoshop and illustrator, as well as games like the sims. I was also thinking one of those touch screen laptops would be cool cause it’d be handy for my digital art. Otherwise I don’t really care what it’s like as long as it runs well. If anyone knows what kind of laptop would best suite these requirements for this price I’d appreciate a point in the right direction.

(Side note I was mostly looking at macs before but if a windows meats the requirements I’ll consider it.)