Should I try to inherit grandparents house in the future..?

If they give it to me of course.. Everyone else in family is moving far away but I have no desire. Mom left dad when we were kids, then used dads parents for free babysitting so we grew up in this house. I had stuff most kids my age didnt, phone on the wall w/ cord, etc. We always played outside & climbed huge... show more If they give it to me of course.. Everyone else in family is moving far away but I have no desire.
Mom left dad when we were kids, then used dads parents for free babysitting so we grew up in this house. I had stuff most kids my age didnt, phone on the wall w/ cord, etc. We always played outside & climbed huge trees. Dad was homeless and lived w his parents for like 6 years so we were living here almost full time then, and mom moved constantly so this was one consistent home of my childhood. As teenager tons of family drama, but grandparents house was still the one place I could escape all the drama. Now I’m 20, gpa had a medical scare not too long ago and I’ve been thinking once they’re gone, since gpa built that house from scratch 45 yrs ago I cant imagine any other family living there... Had a talk w dad recently about in america we just tear everything down to build new stuff constantly, so we don’t have historical places like rest of the world, and I don’t want this house to be one of the things torn down for someone to build a mansion... I live w dad, trying to save up for a place, & still miss that house & go often to see them and I always feel better. What scares me is taking on this house and not knowing how I’ll feel, if I’ll still want it when they’re gone, if it will feel empty like I’ve heard others say or will I feel glad to have a home like no other... I’m mostly a planner though, should I look into getting this house when the time does come, or move on...?