im really scared im not going to get into a good college because of my grades?

I got a very bad concussion sophomore year (while I was taking chem) and was diagnosed with depression freshman year and both of these things have caused my grades to drop a lot and now I'm doing really bad in algebra. I want to be a nurse and I'm afraid that no nursing program is going to accept me with my grades being not too great, is there anything I can do?

After a traumatic brain injury some sort of accommodation should have been made, but that is water under the bridge now.  So...

1.  Get a tutor for Algebra and meet with the teacher regularly for help.

2.  Get help for your depression if you haven't already.  Cognitive behavior therapy works will for teenagers with depression.

3. Talk with your school counselor about options for retaking chemistry (maybe in summer school) for grade replacements.  Investigate your options.

4.  Focus your energies on doing with a you need to do going forward.

5.  Worrying about college isn't going to change anything, but actions will.  to get into a direct-admit nursing program, you are probably going to need an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.5 from high school.  Where are you now in relationship to that goal and how many semesters do you have to reach that goal.  Do the math and figure out what you need to do and get academic help early when you need it.

6. On college applications you have a the opportunity to write a personal essay in which you can discuss your concussion and depression -- keep in mind that that is a good reason for bad grades freshman year -- it is not an excuse for future grades.

Good luck.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Take care of your health first then everything will fall into line!!

Yes, you can keep trying your best. That's it. You don't have to have the best grades to go to nursing school, you just need the right attitude. They will train you to do the job. If your that concerned, then when you get to choose whether to finish with a normal high school degree, or take on a trade, you could consider going to Bocies. They train people to be nurses aids and that can funnel you into a basic nursing program. Not every nurse is the sharpest person in the room, but they make up for it with caring and determination. There are also programs at community colleges which will prep you for the program. There are many ways to achieve what you want. You just have to keep following the dream. If everything else fails, there is always private colleges for nursing. That is where the rubber meets the road. In a system based on just paying the bill, they will train you to do the job and probably give you a part time job at a local hospital which will help you to learn. Just go for it.