dandy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 months ago

how can i tell if i’m pregnant?

i lost my virginity about six days ago and it was unprotected sex (very dumb mistake, i know). i’ve felt fine for the most part. but i’ve had some spotting, cramps and bloating. my period isn’t supposed to come for another week and a half. im aware that it’s too soon to take a pregnancy test and if i tried i’d likely end up with a (false) negative. i’m in college and really can’t have a child right now so i was wondering if there was anything i could do at this stage besides waiting. thank you!

(and i bought condoms for next time so no worries!)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Congratulations. You have a bouncing, baby STD. You wouldn't be getting any symptoms yet so I doubt it's anything to do with pregnancy.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you had unprotected sex only 6 days ago, you wouldn't even BE pregnant yet. It's usually going to take about 10 days after an egg is fertilized before it implants into the lining of the uterus and establishes a pregnancy.

The FIRST sign of a suspected pregnancy is ALWAYS going to be if you miss your next expected period. You can discount any "symptoms" before that.. If your period is overdue by at least one week, then take a pregnancy test, if you want a reliable result.

• 10 months ago

Some version of this question is asked way too many times here every day. the answer is the same as always -- anyone in her child bearing years can become pregnant

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

All you can do is wait. Though I AM a little confused why you had unprotected sex if you didn't want a baby. You clearly HAVE heard of condoms. And surely you have heard of emergency contraception as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, wait till enough time has passed that you will get an accurate pregnancy test. Why would they sell pregnancy tests if there was someone you could just do and get the answer sooner?

• 10 months ago

If you had sex six days ago and your period is due in a week and a half, you could very easily have had sex at exactly the right time to achieve pregnancy.

Now did you achieve pregnancy? No idea. All you can do is wait to see if you get your period. It's too late now for emergency contraception. And obviously you wouldn't have symptoms yet.

• paul
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

late now for protection

• 10 months ago

There are no symptoms 6 days after sex.

Whatever you think you're feeling is in your mind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.