Why is it wrong for a child to fight back when another child attacks them first?

I've heard people say that it's wrong for a child to attack another child even if the other kid hit them first but I think that kids who fight back against a kid who hits or bites them are just defending themselves. For example there was this one incident where I unintentionally kicked sand at a boy at the park( I didn't know there were other children in the area where I kicked the sand because I was looking at the ground when I did it) because I was upset with my friends for excluding me from a game ( my friends did this in a way that hurt my feelings) and the boy retaliated by kicking sand back at me. Well I don't know about everyone else but I don't think this other kid was wrong at all because even though I didn't mean to kick sand at him, him kicking sand back at me was justified because I'd be mad too if someone kicked sand at me. So why is it wrong for a children to fight back if another child attacks them first? I was also using my experience as an example, I'm not dwelling on the past or anything.

they should be allowed fight back.But usually the bully kids are well connected like their parents are on the school board so your kid gets in trouble and they didn't.It is better to insult them and run

πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ• πŸ•

It's not wrong, in my opinion.

The best fight is one which is avoided, however, we always told our girls that if someone attacked them, they had the right to defend themselves.

One of our daughters had a girl in her class in fourth grade who treated our daughter like her personal doll - she was bigger and taller than our daughter, and would randomly pick her up and carry her around. Our daughter got *really* tired of this, and we told her if she needed to, she could hit or kick the girl in order to stop the behavior. Our daughter found a better solution - the next time the girl picked her up, our daughter leaned back and as loud as she could yelled in the girl's ear, "PUT.ME.DOWN". The girl put her down, and never picked her up again, LOL!

• Carmen2 months agoReport

I agree as far as it depends on each person be peaceable I like what happened with your child who handles situation without violence it's sad our children have to be subjected to all the negativity in the world no natural affection etc .

Its not wrong. You defend yourself definitely or you will be a bullied victim. Much less have low self esteem. Now you dont go around picking fights or hitting people first. But by gosh if another kid hits you, they need to be hit back.

• Nathan

I agree with what you said, but most people who say this are looking at it from a different view. If the child doesn't fight back, the violence stops and they have done nothing wrong. The child who physically harmed them will be the only one in trouble, this is useful for adults in cases of assult. If you fight back you're usually discredited

• Charlie3 months agoReport

Yeah but the violence could continue even after the first punch. Yeah I agree that hitting people for no reason or for talking **** about you is wrong but I'm not going to allow myself to be treated like a punching bag.

Another incident in your life. Jesus

It's never wrong to fight back. The argument is often that said bullies have issues at home but everyone has issues. Nobody else deserves extra burden just because one kid is to weak to deal with life. A strong life lesson for a bully is for them-self to be flattened out. It does everyone and the bully them-self a favor. There is always a bigger fish.

It's wrong because it hurts.

• don r

Fighting back stops bullying. Defend yourself, but don't take it too far.