What kind of Chef classes would I need to attend?  I have always loved cooking, and making up recipes.?

I watched a movie called "Recipe for Love" from hallmark.  I it one of the main characters "Lauren" is in training to be a chef and I LOVE how she can taste something and can tell what is in it and when a certain flavor has been added.  My grandma used to be able to sort of do it but not... show more I watched a movie called "Recipe for Love" from hallmark.  I it one of the main characters "Lauren" is in training to be a chef and I LOVE how she can taste something and can tell what is in it and when a certain flavor has been added.  My grandma used to be able to sort of do it but not anymore.  Does anyone know what I would have to do, to be able to do what Lauren does in the movie?  Do you learn how to do that in Chef School?

Thank-you