Why did a woman named Kelley Williams Bolar go to jail for lying about her residency to get her child in a better neighborhood school?

This woman lied about living in a certain district to get her child into a school in a safer neighborhood and a better education. I’m seriously confused as to why she got a 5 year prison sentence. I know that it is illegal but I thought the highest consequences was just expelling the child from the school. 5 years... show more This woman lied about living in a certain district to get her child into a school in a safer neighborhood and a better education. I’m seriously confused as to why she got a 5 year prison sentence. I know that it is illegal but I thought the highest consequences was just expelling the child from the school. 5 years is very radical and extreme for something this little. But of course she was a black woman so that’s probably why she was sentenced to prison. The law enforcement in Ohio are pretty stupid and over did their job, what could they have possibly charged her with?