LGBTQ what happen to loving yourself with who you are? Loving what you are born with?

Librals use to preach that to us but now they tell kids if you feel like you are as Male on the inside then you can be one with a few surgeries. Why cant yall just be gay. No surgery required.

Then you have a trans who's a Male but identified as a women but he loves women. Wasnt there a mental illness that was that.

My sister has scizerphernia, should I tell her to get off your medicine and listen to that voice in your head even if its telling you to kill someone?

Favorite Answer

This gay agrees. Trans = hating yourself and forcing the world to lie to assuage your mental illness.

• O Man

You are confusing homosexuality with transgender ism (two entirely different issues, and clearly have no idea what you are talking about., If you identify as a gender that doesn't match your biological sex how will developing an attract to the same sex help?????

• reme_1

Being gay and being born in the wrong body IS NOT THE SAME THING. You obviously have no idea what this all means so it would be better to go get better educated or shut up.

• "LGBTQ what happen to loving yourself with who you are? Loving what you are born with? Liberals use to preach that to us but now they tell kids if you feel like you are as Male on the inside then you can be one with a few surgeries. Why cant yall just be gay. No surgery required."

You are an ignorant conservative who is woefully uninformed about what transsexualism is.

First, being trans and being gay are different issues. Being gay is an issue of sexual orientation, while being trans is an issue of gender identity.

Most people are born with a gender identity programmed into their brain that matches the sex of the body they were born into; transsexual people are not. Transsexualism (gender identity-body mismatch) is scientifically recognized physical birth condition. Being born this way leads to a life of pain and misery as your body feels profoundly wrong and nobody ever sees you as the gender your truly are. Transition is the process through which a trans person corrects their birth condition. They do this by correcting the body to match their identity and assuming a gender appropriate role in society. When a trans person transitions they are affirming their inborn gender identity, not changing it.

So you see trans people DO love the person they are.

Now returning to something you said earlier: "Why can't y'all just be gay."

As I mentioned above, sexual orientation and gender identity are separate things. Because they are trans people can be of any sexual orientation, including being gay. In fact only about 30% of trans people are straight.

"My sister has schizophrenia, should I tell her to get off your medicine and listen to that voice in your head even if its telling you to kill someone?"

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder, being trans is not. Repeating: Transsexualism is a scientifically proven physical birth condition.

EDIT: Being trans is not a mental disorder. So says the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. But you know better, right? Nope.

Hope this helps.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)

It can sometimes be important for schizophrenics to listen to their voices because they may be expressing deeper truths. For instance, one of my friends believed her man was taking over the world because on another level that's how she felt about their relationship - that he was taking over. Likewise, other delusions, dreams and so forth have inner meanings, and the belief that I am female may have the same significant content. There's an allele to the AR gene which leads to testosterone causing a condition like motor neurone disease. This could be treated with orchidectomy and androgen suppression. There's another allele which leads to M2F gender incongruence. If I am to love myself as I am, as opposed to someone who is disabled and in a wheelchair or choking on her own saliva, it may be prudent to pursue gender reassignment, and that's the wisdom of my body telling me I'm female.

No clear answers here, I see. You are confusing sexual attraction with gender identity and dysphoria. Gay people are content with the gender they are, even proud. They're just attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender. Transgender people have the self-awareness of the opposite gender of their anatomy. They may be attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex, again a separate trait. There is evidence that their brains really do develop physically like those of their perceived gender. No amount of counseling can overcome that physical truth, and generations of experience trying, sometimes by Draconian means, support that reality. As techniques have improved dramatically over recent years, more and more have turned to surgical alterations so that what they see in the mirror (and shower) at least more closely matches what they feel inside. Some have unrealistic expectations about the outcome, particularly with acceptance by others, but that's where counseling comes in.

It's easy to say that everyone should accept their body as it is. But would you say the same about needing to wear glasses? Or using a prosthetic limb? Or surgery to correct being born with one over the other instead of side by side? Note that the Serenity Prayer does provide for changing the things we can.

• Tyler

trans people are who they are. literally WHAT is bad about someone having a gender identity that doesnt match the sex they were born as. it literally hurts nobody.

on that note, "what happen to" minding your own damn business and not policing who other people are.

Gender and sexual orientation are 2 different things

Trans people have no voices telling them to kill people. They have no voices in their heads at all. You are comparing 2 completely different things.

Here's my issue. There's nothing wrong with encouraging someone to love the body they were born with.. if that's all you're doing. Encouraging. What's quite messed up is how transphobes go beyond encouragement and start actively shaming people who choose to ignore their advice and pressuring people to stay the way they are. As well intentioned as your platitudes might be, they are still only platitudes at the end of the day. There's really no amount of other people telling me that I'm beautiful the way I am and that I should just accept it that would ever make me TRULY accept the body I was born with. The option to make changes is there. I'm gonna take that option. My body , my choice.

By your own admission, you have no idea.

First, transgender is not a very common experience.(0.06% population)

Where as homosexuality is around 10% of the population.

The two are totally unrelated issues. Its like holding up a flower but speaking about cats.

The subject of transgender is so deep you need to hear it from people of that experience them self. I know I was turned around after speaking to some trans people. They corrected some misunderstandings I had.

This is in fact the case for anyone. You cant expect to get it on any topic if you have not listened to people who have been there.