How to designate where the volume comes out (pc or tv)?

I have an HDMI cable connecting my pc to my tv, now I use my tv to watch online videos and laptop to play games... My question is how can I setup that the online videos volume is coming out of my tv while having my games volume coming out of my laptop at the same time? also, ive noticed that computer apps... show more I have an HDMI cable connecting my pc to my tv, now I use my tv to watch online videos and laptop to play games...

My question is how can I setup that the online videos volume is coming out of my tv while having my games volume coming out of my laptop at the same time?

also, ive noticed that computer apps switches where the volume comes out because I switch it, but sometimes they stay on the same spot even though I switched it. I.E. I decide to have volume come out of PC, there are still apps that will project volume through the TV or vise versa. Is there any way to control this randomness?