promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
hayley asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 6 months ago

Which camera should i buy?

i am currently an IGCSE student and i'm taking photography (i am a beginner) they made us choose topics and i chose to photograph candles the teacher told me that my camera is not good enough and i need to get a better one, i prefer canon and i want a camera that is affordable not like the 900$ ones so what should i get please help.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Canon 200D can be a good choice. It is a relatively new entry-level DSLR from Canon. The camera has 24 million pixels. Although the number of pixels is no longer an important indicator to measure the quality of a digital SLR camera, high pixels are more convenient for beginners. The image processor is DIGIC 7, which makes the photo imaging details look more detailed and the picture quality is clearer. The more prominent feature is full-pixel dual-core focusing, which allows for faster and more accurate focusing during live view shooting. If you like to take a pet at home, this is a feature you can't miss. In addition, the canon 200D has a more interesting function. It is a touch screen that can be flipped 175 degrees in the horizontal direction and 270 degrees in the vertical direction. This means you can even use it for self-portraits. The price on Amazon is 648 AUD, and the price/performance ratio is very high.

Here is the link on Amazon,https://amzn.to/2mKtOWx

Meanwhile, I also recommend the Canon EOS Rebel SL2, it's also a brilliant DSLR and not expensive, here is the link https://amzn.to/32S7dag, you can have a look.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Get a second-hand EOS M50 if you want to go for the mirrorless option or an EOS 250D if you want to stick along with the traditional DSLR. These are the best beginner cameras from Canon in my opinion! They are affordable as well.

• 6 months ago

Problem is, most kit lenses are ..not really good. At that price range, though, you'll be stuck with second hand. My favorite would be an EOS M 6 (yeah, kick me) with the optional viewfinder and the EF-M 32 mm lens.

Problem is, that combo will set you back by at least 1200$.

So, second hand - and follow kerook's advice of a) testing the camera before you buy and b) taking someone along who knows about cameras and what the test pictures actually should look like.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Get a secondhand Canon dSLR with a kit lens (18-55mm). Don't go lower than $150. Avoid buying online. You need to test the camera thoroughly before paying. Bring along a friend who knows how.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You don't mention what you are currently using.  In any event, if you want to photograph candles, you most certain can with just about any camera.  However, as with any camera, there are going to be limitations.  For example, if you need a long exposure because you're photographing candles in a very dark area, then you'd want to use an adjustable camera such as a mirrorless or DSLR.  Any DSLR or mirrorless camera will be more than good enough to photograph candles, or whatever you choose, in almost any lighting condition you can think of.

You don't state a budget, but you do say you want to keep the kit below $900, and that's fine.  Any Canon DSLR like a T series will be a great choice.  Most mirrorless cameras like those from Sony or Fujifilm are excellent options, too.  However, some mirrorless cameras do not have a viewfinder which is something that you most definitely want to have.  So avoid any camera that doesn't have a viewfinder.

• 6 months ago

You should try film! its fun

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

canon t4-i...i have one...its still pretty close in quality tyo new cameras..still very viable for years to come

• 6 months ago

ask your teacher what camera you should use

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Canon is fine. It's mainly the lenses that can be super-costly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.