Student loan paid but in default?

like the title said, i paid federal student loans with navient for the past 10 plus years til it was finished 2017, but my loans went into default this year for the full amount. I went to my account online to see that i have been making payments until it was paid off but then near the end of this year the... show more like the title said, i paid federal student loans with navient for the past 10 plus years til it was finished 2017, but my loans went into default this year for the full amount.

I went to my account online to see that i have been making payments until it was paid off but then near the end of this year the government paid it off for its full amount and closed it? now it’s reopened for its full amount by a collection agency? is there a reason for a claim payment from the government even though my account history shows otherwise?

also, i’ve never got my letter stating i paid loan in full. it never came. the services claims that’s the only proof they’ll accept but they never sent me one? have you experience this?

plz no wisecrack answers. i’ve paid and paid for years and i’m 30 and when i finished i haven’t heard from navient, no letter no anything. then a year later, my return is offset over default loans i’ve alreasy paid for all this time.

thanks