My house is overcrowed i have letter from social service to comfirm can i get council house?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

You can go on the council house list. It could be several years before you get offered a property.

Speak to your local council about getting on the list, and current wait times.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, getting your babymama pregnant does not give you priority. Why should your government reward people for bad choices? Find a plan B.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Nothing stops you registering on the council house waiting list, however that certainly doesn't mean you will get anything and as you say your partneris now expecting a child...so over crowding hasn't stopped you breeding even if you can't/won't provide for yourself.......... NOTHING will happen until after the kid is born and even then the council are only responsible to provide accomodation for the kid ( along with mother) which could mean a B&B/hostel IF they are homeless ( and they are not) they are not responsible to provide a ' cheap/free family home', that is YOUR responsiblity, so instead of whining on here, off you go and find a job/another job and provide for your own family...and why has social services been involved in any of this

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Amazing the number of people who expect society to support them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • gerald
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

none left they were sold in the 1980s you can rent there's loads of British landlords would be happy to fleece you , you could go homeless or get ten hours work and universal credit and be employed and disappear from the poor ranks you could run up debts and go bankrupt Trump does it all the while yes you must learn to be a westerner be a banker that's good every way you win Mohammed IN THE WEST

• 10 months ago

I live in a small room in a shared house my partner is now pregnant the social came to visit and gave a letter sayin it is not suitabe for a couple and a baby to live in i wanted to know will we be priority for council house.

• ...Show all comments
    • Politically Correct
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Nothing racist about pointing out that his mistakes are not the tax-payer's problem. You are the one being racist if you assume there is only one racial group that behaves like that.

• J
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Ask at Citizens Advice,

• 10 months ago

you can stop being a deadbeat and find roommates and support yourself. what do you think is 'over crowded'

self supporting people often have 3-4 people per bedroom, 6 people per bathroom...maybe more.

so you chose to be irresponsible and get your partner prego when you can't afford a kid....that is the definition of a deadbeat.

find adoptive parents or find another couple in a similar situation, live together and support yourselves

3 people can certainly share a room....

so its racist to expect people to be mature and responsible????????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.