Short & Simple - Why Was My Ex Boyfriend Acting MEAN and RUDE When He Was The One Contacting Me for 1 Year Straight?

Long story short, I broke up with him about a year ago. He would contact me basically saying he misses me, we're meant to be together, and etc. I do admit sometimes I would get mad because I felt he was ignoring our issue and just asking to see me instead of clearing the air. I would respond back with mean... show more Long story short, I broke up with him about a year ago. He would contact me basically saying he misses me, we're meant to be together, and etc. I do admit sometimes I would get mad because I felt he was ignoring our issue and just asking to see me instead of clearing the air. I would respond back with mean comments sometimes.

Nonetheless, I finally agreed to see him. We went to play pool. At first everything was fine. But then later on during our date I noticed he was acting rude/stand offish towards me, and he made some kind of rude comments.

So I don't understand...why was he contacting me all that time? Was he being rude because I was rude (which was MONTHS ago)? I know I have to move on but I just wanna make sense of his behavior. THANK YOU!