chris asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

Is space time like a motorway with faster lanes for lighter particles?

Pondering the nature of quantum mechanics and general relativity, I had an idea. Is Space time like a motorway, where the slow lane allows for larger particles to exist and interact. and where the faster lanes only allow particles such as photons etc to pass through it. Unlike a motorway however all matter prefers to be in the slower lane. This leaves the higher faster lanes more 'empty' and allow quantum events to occur over theoretically universal distance rather than be limited to local interaction. Any chance I am on the right path here?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Not really. Photons interact with matter. So they are in the same lane. Quantum entanglement occurs for both photons and matter particles.

• chris2 months agoReport

I agree, I need to study the subject matter more. My basic understanding is not very scientific, rather an instinct for how quantum events occur and why and this is my way to understand how particles can be entangled while separated over great distances, being unaffected by any matter between them.

• neb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You need to ponder a lot deeper than this. Study and understand general relativity and quantum mechanics. You will find that this makes no sense.

• neb
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

No, you didn’t annoy me - I just get a little crabby with YA at times. If you have some specific questions about general relativity or quantum mechanics, post them to the forum. Good luck and keep thinking!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.