Theists say "We don't know why there is something rather than nothing, therefore, god". Are these some of the problems with that "thinking"?

1) To a problem they insist they don't have an answer for, they give an answer.

2) To explain how something happens, their answer is 'magic'.

3) They conclude the reason is god, while ignoring everything else it also might be, such as universe creating unicorns, the Big Crunch, or Cosmos Creating Flatulent Pixies.

Is there anything I missed?

No, I don't, Einstein. Think again, if you are able. Nice straw man, but please don't tell me what I believe.

I would not say that. You have the order reversed.

Because God exists and He chose to create, the universe exists.

Not the same as your statement.

1) Which problem are you referring to?

2) Believers in God would never say that everything came to be by "magic". That is a Straw Man fallacy.

3) Believers in God, by His grace, love truth, not fantasy that unicorns or pixies created everything.

What you've "missed" is that you're breathing and what those who claim Christianity have "missed" is the belief in the Holy Spirit [baptism] that would "PROVE" your unbelief of "There is no GOD" (Psalm 14:1) is A LIE!

JESUS PROMISED

"Greater works than these shall ye do" (John 14:12) and JESUS "healed the sick and raised the dead" just to name a few!

JESUS PROMISED after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) "POWER would come upon us" (Acts 1:8) and with that "POWER" we would be able to "DO GREATER WORKS THAN THESE" (John 14:12) which is MORE THAN just "magic" because neither you nor I have heard of "magic" raising one from the dead.

GOD SAID in Isaiah 42:6 [GNT]

“I, the Lord, have called you and given you POWER [Acts 1:5;8]

to see that justice is done on earth.

Through you I will make a covenant with all peoples;

through you I will bring light to the nations."

NO "POWER" (Acts 1:8)!

NO "JESUS" (II Corinthians 5:16)!

Where are the ORIGINAL Christians who received the Holy Ghost as on the Day of Pentecost???

We would be able to say to unbelievers

"If you don't believe me believe the works" (John 10:37-38).

You have been DECEIVED by the roman catholic church people who made you believe in a powerless water baptism and now we have unbelieving "judging" us when I Corinthians 2:15 says

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things but he himself is judged of no man."

Aren't we supposed to be "worshiping Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24)?

Not "Spiritual" (II Corinthians 5:16)?

No JESUS!

The initial "step" is to understand that because something exists, therefore something has always existed.

It's a non-sequitur, their conclusion does not follow their question.

• Marco

It is fine to be an atheist, and pose arguments for atheism. But if you are going to do so, I would rather you do so with a little honesty, otherwise you are handing the debate to the theists. Theists don't say this. Have you ever been on a debate team or mock trial team? You would lose points for these statements.

No we don't say that  we know why we are here

But you are correct that there are realities that expand beyond our comprehension and perception.  Only a fool would think otherwise

To think you have a handle on everything and know everything and explain everything, is the mark of an utter fool

Black male rapists continue to pretend they're white princesses on yahoo answers to make innocent women and children feel comfortable before said rapists rape them.

• Jea

Some folks actually seek the truth.

The rest just say goddunnit.

Well, yeah, the first problem (and biggest): there is no THINKING involved!!