What does this mean when a girl responds like this?

This girl is new to my school and we are friends so I figured why not ask her to the school formal.

So I asked a her out to the formal. Me: “If nobody’s asked you do you wanna go with me?” and she responded with “yea maybe” and we talked casually for a minute or so and then she says “I don’t know it depends on if someone else asks me”... isn’t that just a WTF answer. I was a bit confused but if she answered like that, is she worth my time. I really like her as well and was sure she’d say yes as she glances over at me every couple of minutes in class. I’d honestly be happier with a straight “no”.

But why would she say that, she’s not that rude usually, but she also acted really nervous and kind of froze when I asked her.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It means she's a rude individual who doesn't take other's feelings into consideration. She's made it clear that you'd only be a Plan B in case someone she really fancies doesn't ask her. I know it's hard to stomach, but she's not into you. Sorry.

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That was a very wimpy way to ask someone. It sounds as if you ran out of possibilities and just asked her cause she was standing there. I don't blame her for saying that to you because you set up the pretext.

• Joseph2 months agoReport

But the thing is she talks in that was, a really casual way, she is considered to be chill, afterwards we still talked so it’s not like she completely ignores me now anyway.

• `
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Her response is "no" although she should've been more direct. Start looking elsewhere.

• 2 months ago

Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news my dude but this means she does not want to go with you. It means she will go with you as a last resort. If I were you, i'd find a different girl to go with. Even if she does go with you, it is highly likely she will find another dude to dance with and hang out with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • peachy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

She is either uninterested or was taken by surprise and didn’t want to make herself sound available.. I just wish your question had more confidence in it.. like.. ‘do you want to go with me for the school formal?’ Instead of if nobody’s asked you etc.. gotta say it.. your question was a wtf one too. If she didn’t want to go with you she’d make it clear. She did not say no.

• peachy
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Still, not good. But, to me, she did not say no. She was just put in a position where she did not want to seem unwanted by others. Any-who, you still have a chance with her and you said she is not rude like that usually. So what she did with you was not in her character.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.