How to nicely tell someone with body image issues that they need to dress for their body type?

I have a friend who was once very petite, but is now on the heavier side that still dresses like she's petite. The subject of weight triggers her like crazy, for instance as a friend I thought it was my duty to tell her that she needs to look out for her health. I encouraged her to go to the gym with me,... show more I have a friend who was once very petite, but is now on the heavier side that still dresses like she's petite. The subject of weight triggers her like crazy, for instance as a friend I thought it was my duty to tell her that she needs to look out for her health. I encouraged her to go to the gym with me, however just mentioning the gym or dieting she took major offense to that. Now she's over 200lbs, yet still dresses like she's 120lbs. She complains about her body all the time, frankly I can't go anywhere with her because she's going to complain about her appearance. Everywhere we go people are staring at us because her belly is hanging and butt crack is showing half the time. She tries to squeeze in medium size clothing. Just last weekend I was invited out for my co-workers birthday and was told I could bring someone with me. I brought my friend who promised she was going to dress nicely, but however when I picked her up she was wearing the shortest skirt I've ever seen with her belly flopping everywhere and a bralette that didn't support her chest. It was so bad we couldn't even get into club, I dropped her off and went back and got in without a problem. So without sounding like a complete jerk, how should I tell her that she's too big for the clothes she's wearing?