Do you think this requirement is a little ridiculous to become a special ed kindergarten teacher?

Me and my friend are both in college. My friend is trying to major in special education for kindergarten, but she can’t right now. She can’t pass a class called “College Algebra and Trigonometry”. It’s a big requirement for all the teaching majors and no one can enter the program until they pass it. My friend is... show more Me and my friend are both in college. My friend is trying to major in special education for kindergarten, but she can’t right now. She can’t pass a class called “College Algebra and Trigonometry”. It’s a big requirement for all the teaching majors and no one can enter the program until they pass it. My friend is already a year behind because she just can’t pass this math. She also can’t get a grade to low in it because all teaching majors must have at least a 3.0 GPA. Why do kindergarten teachers need this stupid course? Kindergarteners don’t learn algebra and trig.
Update: I didn’t mean teachers shouldn’t have under a 3.0 GPA, what I meant was the math class is so hard, most people will get a C or D and that will bring down their GPA lower than that.