Tongue appearance abnormal,movement scope limited,swallowing difficulties, some facial palsy?

I am 18 years old (male). Earlier on this year I was thinking I possibly had bulbar onset ALS. Now I know that this condition is very, very rare (especially in people of my age). My tongue feels weak, it feels strange when I stick it out, (like it's not coming out far enough) and most of all, the tip of my... show more I am 18 years old (male). Earlier on this year I was thinking I possibly had bulbar onset ALS. Now I know that this condition is very, very rare (especially in people of my age). My tongue feels weak, it feels strange when I stick it out, (like it's not coming out far enough) and most of all, the tip of my tongue has collapsed, its essentially folded on itself. I have to keep forcing the tip back up. Swallowing food is hard, it feels like the food is falling down my throat rather than being pushed down. Pronouncing words that start and/or end in the letter 'S', among other letters often sounds slurred and abnormal. I often feel like I can't feel half of my face, I can't scrunch my face up one side, though I can the other side. I also have some weakness in my eyelids I've noticed in the last 3 months or so. I have been to see countless professionals who are making nothing of it, they see me as nothing more than a paranoid hypochondriac. But to be honest, you can't argue with the PHYSICAL appearance of a body part. My tongue LOOKS and BEHAVES in a way that is not right. I feel like my cheeks are dropping when they appear normal. The scope of my tongue movement is also lessening by the month. Movement of my tongue that I had only a month or so ago disappears, this is worsening on a progressive scale. I feel as though it's only a matter of time before my tongue and other surrounding muscles give up completely. Then what? I want to find someone who is going through similar to me.
Update: The truth is, I don't know how much time I have left. What if in a years time I can't talk? What if I can't eat or drink? What if my hands go next? Or my legs? I have so many questions and no one to answer them... 
Update 2: I am also noticing decreased concentration and cognitive function. I am often very 'zoned out', feeling as though I'm there then I'm not, I'm there again then I'm not, and on and on and on. I also often struggle to think of what to say and how to say it. I am now struggling to read quickly... show more I am also noticing decreased concentration and cognitive function. I am often very 'zoned out', feeling as though I'm there then I'm not, I'm there again then I'm not, and on and on and on. I also often struggle to think of what to say and how to say it. I am now struggling to read quickly as my eyes don't focus in as they should. I feel like I'm dreaming (dissociation). I feel like I'm dying, it's horrible. 
1 answer 1