Administrative assistant signed my name to expense reports and submitted them without my approval: OK?

I submit expense reports at work to my administrative assistant (“AA”). The AA then compiles them into a spreadsheet-type report and then submits them to our company’s accounting department for reimbursement.

The last time the AA submitted expense reports, they were full of errors and that cause big problems for me.

When I got a copy of the submission, the AA had signed my name to them and submitted them without my sign off.

Is signing your boss’s name to an expense report (as though the boss had signed it) and submitting it without the boss’s approval, OK?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

Obviously, if you didn't give your AA expressed permission to sign your name, then she committed fraud.  She also is pretty lousy at her job.  As her manager, you need to meet with her and HR and determine whether or not these "offenses" are worthy or immediate termination or whether you feel a write up and greater supervision will fix the problem.  

• 2 months ago

Subordinates are always expected to follow instructions from the supervisors and to inform the boss of any move related to the job. Whatever happens, still the boss has the command responsibility

• 2 months ago

No, that is not okay.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, not ok - you need to sign to confirm its accuracy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Either you are ok with it or not...you are their boss.

• 2 months ago

I would say if an assistant signs for you on a document they should follow your "signature" with their own initials so that they can say they signed with your knowledge and permission.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ANYONE signing your name in work on reports is committing fraud and needs reporting

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Typically when this situation happened it is becouse the expense report was up against a deadline and the boss did not make themselves available, to sign it off. As far as the mistakes and such, unless the assistant is new. They are usually the result of one who just dropped the receipts and such in a pile and again. Were not available to answer questions about what is what.

• East2 months agoReport

I was available at all times. The report was submitted a month after I submitted the receipts.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The AA then compiles them into a spreadsheet-type report and then submits them to our company’s accounting department for reimbursement. The

• 2 months ago

This is not okay. tell it bluntly to your assistant

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.