Why does my wife have such an issue with control?

I've mentioned this before how my wife feels she's gotta know everything 5 minutes before you know it. If we're sitting in the bedroom watching TV and I get up to go to the kitchen the first thing out of her mouth is, "where you going?" This morning we had a little discussion about something... show more I've mentioned this before how my wife feels she's gotta know everything 5 minutes before you know it. If we're sitting in the bedroom watching TV and I get up to go to the kitchen the first thing out of her mouth is, "where you going?" This morning we had a little discussion about something I did 4 days ago. Normally she leaves for work at 6:30 AM and I usually leave shortly after her. Monday she was off work so I got dressed in the living room as to not disturb her in the bedroom. I decided to leave a little early to stop and get some gas so I left right around 6:30. Today (Fri) we were discussing something and she mentioned why I left so early Monday. I said, "because I had somewhere to go." Her next statement was, "well, I need to know why you left so early." Granted she leaves before me everyday but this particular day, since she was home, I decided to head out a little early and I didn't go into the bedroom to wake her to tell her I was gone, she felt like she needed to know why I left so early. How does she know I left early considering she is always gone before me. She doesn't know if everyday after she leaves I'm out the door 10 minutes later. Then she makes this statement, "Oh, so this is how we're doing things now?" Why does she have such an issue with control?
9 answers 9