Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Dog has string hanging out of his rear end. Need advice?

My German Shepherd puppy has string hanging out of its anus. I'm worried he might have ateing a sewing needle. How are I supposed to remove it without the needle hurting my dog?

Best Answer

It is a tapeworm

• E. H. Amos

Other than YOU => Shitsteak, anyone can tell the DIFFERENCE, so don't worry your head about it. Just use that head for a HAT RACK.

• Nathan

You need a vet - it might have to be surgically removed, and it may cause damage if you do it yourself

Your Veterinarian needs to see him.

I have no idea what ateing means.

• Ocimom

Do NOT try to pull it out - take the dog to the vet and have them remove it.

u sure its not a worm?

If this isn't a troll, then take him to the vet right away.

Nobody on Yahoo is a vet.

Occasionally when mine are into tugging at grass, this may happen if it doesn't come out with a bowel movement. That being the case, I gently pull it out BUT if there's any resistence at all, then I'd involve my vet.

You could try this BUT it has to be done gently. If there is any question of a sewing needle being involved, then you should get off to the vet - NOW. He will x-ray and if he sees a needle, he'll have to operate before it does untold damage, if it hasn't already,

With puppies especially you have to have eyes in the back of your head - and puppy proof your home.

I hope he'll be ok.

• patty

u must know if you have had needles and cotton hanging around. if so maybe call a vet and ask what to do.

• Rick B

Take the dog to the vet.

DUH!

I think you should ask your local veterinarian.