I lost my friends cat?

Okay bare with me I’m so confused. So I woke up and I was leaving (don’t wanna go into detail) she knew I’d be leaving early morning and told me not to wake her up. So I get up, get ready and leave. She has a cat. He walks around the house at night or sleeps. I don’t have keys to her house, she lives in a large,... show more Okay bare with me I’m so confused. So I woke up and I was leaving (don’t wanna go into detail) she knew I’d be leaving early morning and told me not to wake her up. So I get up, get ready and leave. She has a cat. He walks around the house at night or sleeps. I don’t have keys to her house, she lives in a large, wealthy neighborhood, she leaves her house unlocked sometimes if she wants or if she forgets to lock it. Anyways, I left the house. Shut the door and left it unlocked. I texted her right after saying I left and that the front door in unlocked. She wakes up and texts/calls me. An hour later I receive her messages, she asked “what did you do” and then she said “the cat is gone you left the door open.” I told her I left the door unlocked not open, I made sure to shut it. She says that her cat has the ability to open unlocked doors, (her cat can’t even open the unlocked bathroom door that’s shut.) so I apologized and I said that she never told me her cat can do that. I asked her if she was sure that her cat was gone. She hasn’t replied. I’m not sure what to do. I had absolutely no idea that the cat could open such a heavy door. She never mentioned it. Usually someone would if it’s that important. Something like “Keep the doors locked at all times because my cat loves to sneak out” would have been nice. Or she could have given me a pair of her keys to Lock the door with or she could have gotten up and locked the door herself. I don’t know what to do and I feel terrible
4 answers 4