What do you do when you are accused of being different?

I recently moved away from the city to this area where many proclaimed to be redneck.

Anyway, I am being snubbed or bullied and people are very indignant with me out here. They accuse me of being 'different'

They are very hostile towards me because I am a different way than they are and some outrigntly comes up to me and asks 'why are you like this? Why aren't you like we are?'

I reply 'I am from the city, not from around here..' they say 'well go back where you came from!'

I am constantly getting bullied left and right and I cannot seem to make any friends as the bullies guides them away from me.

I am slurred as being different everywhere I go out here. The people makes fun of the way I talk or act or harasses me over the way I am.

• Archer
    Best Answer

I would smile and say if becoming more informed, secure and accepting is something that scares you then 'you' are the one who has the problem.

• Alan H

Whatever have you done to arrouse such hostility?

• Foofa

The first step would probably be to ask yourself why you chose to move to this place (and how soon you can move away from it).

👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹🤮👹