I have a 1974 Plymouth Valiant and would like to have the VIN number deciphered. I was given the the car from my grandmother (original own).?

I have a 1974 Plymouth Valiant and would like to have the VIN number deciphered. I was given the the car from my grandmother (original owner)

• JetDoc

There are probably a DOZEN or more web sites on the Internet that can tell you what the numbers and letters in your car's VIN mean. Maybe you should go look for them.

• Kerri

Youcan find your VIN number in one of the following locations: on the driver’s side door jam (sometimes on the passenger’s side), under the windshield on the driver’s side, near the firewall of the vehicle or on the steering column. Other places to search for a vehicle identification number include various locations under the hood of your car.

There are many sites where you can do this online. This is one of them: https://www.autozone.com/vin-decoder