Matthew asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 3 months ago

What is going on with my TV?

So for some reason after have the tv for a while the screen started to go black, but the audio still comes out. It does it on all 3 hdmi ports. I switched the cable but it still did it. It seems to only do it when im using my ps4. But I hooked up the same cord and playstation to a friend's TV and it worked perfectly. I didn't notice it happening when I put my switch on the TV. It mostly does it when im watching something or playing a game. I change the channel then back and the picture comes back. Same when I unplug the hdmi cord and plug it back in. And when the screen goes black the settings still come up on the screen for the TV. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Are you able to try component and composite inputs with the same device(s)?

And if you could get an HDMI multiplier, could you try the device(s) on another TV and a computer monitor at the same time?

And might using a lower resolution help?

I know someone whose HDMI inputs don't work, and I don't know why.

Consider what you said: 

It happens only when you... 

Check the one thing that Always causes the problem, 

and you will find the way to cure it. 

• Matthew3 months agoReport

I thought about that, but it didn't happen on other TV's

• Stasia

Sorry,i dont know